What Makes our studio unique?
- We have one of the highest number of female students and instructors compared to most studios in our area.
- We are the largest Christ-based studio in the area and have been in business for over 23 years.
- All eastern philosophies and mysticism have been removed and replaced with God’s Word and prayer. We have prayer at the beginning and end of each class, seminar, and event.
- We have over 10 schools under our Federation ranging from Michigan to Florida, serving over 1000 students.
- We have helped many students with learning disabilities, autism, ADHD, and potential limitations to grow as people and learn how to defend themselves.
Tang Soo Do is a traditional style of Korean martial arts. As with other classical martial arts, its purpose is to develop every aspect of the self in order to create a mature personality, which totally integrates one’s intellect, body, emotions, and spirit. The total integration helps to create a person who is free from inner conflict and who can deal with the outside world in a mature, intelligent, forthright, and virtuous manner.
A literal translation of the word “TANG” is “from the Tang Dynasty of China, which reflects the influence that China had on Korea during the origin of Tang Soo Do (617-907 AD). The word “SOO” means “open hand” but also implies a defensive hand strike. The word “DO” means “development of the way of life or art”. “KYOHOE KWAN’ is translated “Church’s school”, a play of words for the founder Bill Church’s last name, as well as “Church” as the bride of Christ.
Our version of Tang Soo Do KyoHoe Kwan was recognized as a legitimate style variation on October 11, 2008 by the Gospel Martial Arts Union, the World Head of Family Sokeship Council and by several of the world’s greatest martial artists. This is a worldwide recognition.
Direct Tang Soo Do Lineage
1. Grand Master Hwang Kee
2. To His Graduate – Grand Master Song Ki Kim
3. To His Graduate – Grand Master Kwon Ho Chon
4. To His Graduate – Dojunim Bill Church